What happens when you combine a peanut butter cup with a brownie? Magic, that’s what!
This recipe gives the best of both worlds. Delicious fudgy brownies with a peanut butter cup center.
I make them in a mini muffin tin, which results in about 48 perfectly bite-sized morsels of goodness.
Let’s face it, this is a rich combination and for most, a couple bites are all you need. But the taste can take you from the "need" to "want" category very quickly!
For those who want more, no one will argue with the “take two (or more), they’re small” approach.
They’re very hard to resist!
Keep it Simple
The approach is so very simple, and I use a box brownie mix to make it even more so. If you have a favorite homemade brownie recipe, feel free to use that here.
And you can certainly decorate the tops with sprinkles to suit any occasion, but mostly I like to keep them plain. Peanut butter and chocolate are so perfect together, I feel there’s no embellishment needed.
How to Make these Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites
The prep is easy: prepare the brownie batter according to the directions on the box. Unwrap the miniature peanut butter cups.
Line a mini muffin pan with mini foil liners. The liners I used have paper on the inner surface but worked out fine. The foil liners seem to have more strength than the all-paper ones and are less likely to tear and stay stuck to the brownie bite when you’re trying to unwrap it.
Fill each of the liners about half-way (up to ¾ ) with the brownie batter. Then, place a miniature peanut butter cup in the center of each one and push down. The brownie batter you displace will come just to the top of the foil liner.
Once the muffin tin is full, it’s time to bake. These little brownie bites only need to bake for 20 minutes at 325F. Then, let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing and cooling fully.
And then, just try to keep yourself from eating them all, one bite at a time!
More Recipes for Chocolate Lovers to Try
If you want more of that chocolate and peanut butter combo, check out these Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies (from blogchef).
Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites
- 1 18.3 ounce package brownie mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil*
- 3 tablespoons water*
- 2 eggs*
- 48 miniature chocolate peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 325F and unwrap the peanut butter cups.48 miniature chocolate peanut butter cups
- Combine the brownie mix with the other ingredients according to the box directions to make the brownie batter.1 18.3 ounce package brownie mix, ½ cup vegetable oil*, 3 tablespoons water*, 2 eggs*
- Line a mini cupcake pan with foil liners. Fill each liner ½ to ¾ full, then place a peanut butter cup in each one. Push down until the top of the peanut butter cup and batter are about level.48 miniature chocolate peanut butter cups
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove and finish cooling.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.