Mediterranean Chopped Salad
A fresh and healthy salad for all your summer gatherings!
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
- ½ English cucumber quartered lengthwise and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 TB red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 romaine lettuce heart about 6 ounces, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled (1 cup)
Toss the chopped cucumber and tomatoes with 1 teaspoon of salt and let drain in a colander for at least 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic and vinegar. Whisking constantly, drizzle the oil in slowly. Add the cucumber-tomato mixture, plus the chickpeas, olives, onion and parsley and toss to coat. Let sit to marinate for at least 5 minutes or up to 20 minutes.
Add lettuce and feta and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 992mg | Potassium: 403mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1645IU | Vitamin C: 19.5mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 1.8mg