American Flag Taco Dip
- 2 8- oz packages light cream cheese softened
- 1 jar (16oz) chunky salsa
- 1 cup (8oz) light sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese 4-cheese Mexican or cheddar
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 bag (9oz)blue corn tortilla chips plus more for serving
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- I deli slice white cheddar cheese or similar
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper chopped (1 cup)
Beat the cream cheese, salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese and green onions in a large bowl until blended. Spread mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Crush enough blue tortilla chips to make 1 cup; set aside the remaining chips for serving. Arrange the crushed tortilla chips in a rectangle on the upper left-hand corner of the cream cheese mixture, measuring about 5 x 4-inches.
Using a small (1½ inch) star cookie cutter, cut star shapes from the slice of white cheese. Arrange stars on the chips.
Combine the chopped pepper with the quartered tomatoes in a medium bowl.
Arrange the tomato mixture and the Monterey Jack cheese in alternating rows, about one inch each. (I put all the red stripes in first, then filled in between with the cheese). And there you have it, a beautiful American Flag treat that will surely impress and delight all family members and guests.
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 469mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 810IU | Vitamin C: 10.7mg | Calcium: 211mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.