Vegetarian Stuffed Acorn Squash
Stuff your squash with an easy sweet and savory filling and cook with a slow cooker
- ¾ - 1 cup cooked rice I use brown rice
- ¼ cup vegetable stock chicken stock for non-vegetarian option
- ¼ cup dried cranberries sweetened (Craisins)
- ¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup pecans chopped
- 1 celery rib minced (about ¼ cup)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup shredded cheese Monterey Jack, Cheddar, or a mix
- 1½ pound acorn squash halved and hollowed out
For the stuffing, mix all ingredients except the squash in a bowl.
Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds and membranes.
Fill each squash half with the stuffing.
Place in a crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, until squash is very tender. Sprinkle with additional cheese when serving if desired.
Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 507mg | Potassium: 1308mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1529IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 296mg | Iron: 4mg
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.