Let’s have a little fun with our cocktails, shall we? When I showed a friend my Midori Sour Martini, she pointed out that it is a perfect color to make a Baby Yoda drink. You know what? She was right!
Who/what is baby Yoda?
Baby Yoda is the breakout star of “The Mandalorian” on Disney+. His proper name is Grogu, but in most episodes (at least so far) he is referred to as “The Child” or “The Kid”. (Wikipedia)
He is a younger version of the same unnamed species as the Star Wars character Yoda and is universally considered just as cute as can be!
The cuteness translates very well into this cocktail!
Ingredients and items needed
For the cocktail:
- Midori liqueur
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Lemon-lime mixer, soda or sparkling water
For the glass decoration:
- Martini glass (a “coupe” shape also works well)
- Brown/gray cloth to make a robe
- String or similar “belt”
- Blueberries for eyes
- Bamboo pick
- Lime slices or wedges for ears
How to make this baby Yoda cocktail
I used my Midori Sour Martini recipe for the drink. Feel free to use another “green” cocktail of your choosing. 😎
The fun, of course, is in the decoration for this one. I recommend you “dress” the glass first, as its easier to do with an empty glass.
Start with the robe. I happen to have a cloth napkin of an indeterminant gray-brown shade which works out great for this purpose. Scraps of burlap or felt would also work.
Don’t have any fabric? Try a brown paper napkin from Starbucks or your local take-out place. Many possibilities so be creative with this!
Just wrap the “robe” around the stem loosely, then use a piece of string to tie a loose belt.
For ears, cut two small wedges or slices of lime and place across from each other on the rim of the glass.
For the eyes, use a 3.5-inch bamboo pick to line up 2 blueberries, then balance this on the glass in front of the limes.
Your glass is ready, so mix up that baby Yoda drink and pour it in!
"Drink up, you will!"
Just for fun. . . a little Star Wars trivia
- C-3PO and R2-D2 have appeared in almost every Star Wars movie (except in 2018's Solo: A Star Wars Story)
- C-3PO was built by Anakin Skywalker
- Yoda's facial features were based on Albert Einstein
- Yoda lived to be 900 years old
- Chewbacca's height is 7'6"
- George Lucas originally planned Luke's last name to be "Starkiller"
- "Luke, I am your father" is one of the most famous lines from Star Wars. Ironically, it is incorrect. The actual line is "No, I am your father"
Baby Yoda Cocktail Drink
- Brown napkin
- String – about 12 inches long
- Bamboo pick (3.5-inch)
- 1 oz Midori liqueur
- 1 oz vodka
- Squeeze of lime
- 3 oz lemon-lime soda or citrus flavored sparkling water
- 2 Blueberries
- 2 slices or wedges of lime
- Decorate the glass by wrapping the napkin loosely around the stem, then tying in place with the string.
- Cut 2 small wedges or slices of lime and place across from each other on the glass to make ears. Pierce the blueberries with the bamboo pick. Leave about an inch between the berries, then place on the rim of the glass in front of the lime wedges.
- Mix up your Midori Sour cocktail and add it to the glass.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
We had a Mandalorian themed afternoon tea for Father's Day yesterday here in the UK. I couldn't get Midouri, so bought Apple Sourz instead...lush! 😋 I had some hessian sack lying around to dress Grogu 🤗 My husband loved his Baby Yoda cocktail 🤩
What a fun way to celebrate Father's Day! Cheers!
zen of greedygirlgourmet.com
Aw this is too cute! Will have to make it when my Star War friends visit!:)
They will love it!
Absolutely love the flavor of this martini. It is so delicious and adorable!
It is both those!! We all need to have a little fun with our beverages!
OMG! This is so cute!! My husband loved it!
I'm so glad he enjoyed it! Have another! LOL
You’re kidding with this...this is the CUTEST THING EVER and sounds delicious too! Can’t wait to make for my Star Wars loving friends 🙂
Anyone who loves Star Wars will have a blast with this!
How adorable is this!! I know my husband would totally love this- definitely making next time we watch Mandalorian!
This is what I'm making the next time I see my friends - they are baby Yoda obsessed and this will be perfect!
Oh yes, anyone who is a fan will love it!
Christina's Bread Bakes
This is so sweet looking & delicious tasting!
It is both those things!
This is such a fun and cute idea! I love how unique it is! Thank you for sharing. 🙂
You're welcome Alyssa, I hope you try it soon!
Cindy Mom, the Lunch Lady
This is absolutely so cute! Thanks for making me giggle this morning. My son is star wars obsessed so I may try to make a similar non alcoholic drink for him 🙂
For sure Cindy, anything slightly green will work. Have fun with it and I'm sure your son will LOVE it!
Creative and delicious!
Thank you, I hope you enjoy one soon!
This is tooooo cute!!!
Thank you, it is superfun to make and to drink!
This is so cute and I just love midori!
If you love Midori, then this is the drink for you!
So cute and creative. I love it.
Thank you, I hope you try it soon!
Oh my goodness this is the cutest! Can't wait to try making my own. 🙂
I hope you try it soon. It helps us all smile, I think.
“Drink up, you will!” lololol Can't wait to drink him up!
You'll love it!
Funny, Big Trouble!
Love this!! I have to make this cocktail again for my friend Mel who is in love with Baby Yoda!! And your Midori sour cocktail is so delicious!
I'm so glad you like it with the Midori Sour! TBH, almost and greenish drink will work! LOL
Awesome! What a cutie. And such interesting information about Star Wars. Thanks!
You're very welcome, I hope you enjoy it soon!