You’ve seen me rhapsodize about chocolate cream cheese bombs. Naturally, that led me to another favorite taste: strawberry. I thought the transition from chocolate to strawberry fat bombs would be relatively simple. And I was right, although it did take some experimentation. My first couple of approaches were unsuccessful. Something was missing. Somehow, the “strawbs” weren’t sweet enough.
So I reached for a dependable, old school reliable: Jell-O! Sugar-free, of course, to keep things keto-friendly. The addition of strawberry Jell-O provided the added burst of flavor these strawberry fat bombs needed.
Just as with the chocolate version, assembly is simple. Just cream together the ingredients using a hand mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure all the granular Jell-O gets dissolved.
You will enjoy the lovely pink color that develops. 😃
Then form the creamed mixture by using a silicone mold or cookie scoop. If the mixture seems too soft for the cookie scoop, refrigerate 10-15 minutes to firm it up before scooping onto a parchment paper-lined surface.
Place formed bombs in the freezer until set (20-30 minutes).
The next step involves chocolate. It’s technically optional but in my world the words “chocolate” and “optional” don’t belong together. I think a little touch of chocolate really lifts the flavor. After all, who doesn’t like chocolate covered strawberries? And being “on a diet” doesn’t require that we sacrifice all taste, amiright?!
Melt some sugar-free chocolate (I use Lily’s dark chocolate baking bars – they are Stevia sweetened!) in a small bowl by microwaving for two 30-second bursts. Stir until smooth.
With a spoon, drizzle chocolate over the bombs.
Because the bombs are cold, the chocolate will harden pretty much instantly providing that wonderful lacy appearance.
Store the finished bombs in an airtight container and place in the freezer. When you are ready for a rich and creamy treat, allow to thaw about 5-10 minutes.
Strawberry Fat Bombs
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 TB butter softened
- 3 TB powdered sweetener Swerve
- 0.3 oz package sugar-free Jell-O strawberry
- ½ – ¾ cup chopped strawberries from frozen
- 2 oz dark or sugar-free chocolate Optional
- Cream all ingredients together with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Spoon into silicone molds and freeze until firm.
- If molds are not available, use a small cookie scoop to make bombs and place them on a parchment paper-lined surface before freezing.
- Optional: To drizzle with chocolate, wait until the bombs are firm. Melt the chocolate in the microwave (2 – 30 second bursts work for me) and stir well. Drizzle over bombs with a spoon.
- Store finished bombs in the freezer in an airtight container.