Veggie powered nutrition
Nothing says “eating clean” like a zoodle bowl. Zucchini noodles (zoodles) are low-cal, low-carb, and a low-guilt substitute for noodles. A zoodle bowl is a great way to pack a bunch of nutritious veggie power into one bowl.
Ingredients for this zoodle bowl
This recipe combines two of the best flavors of summer: fresh, in-season corn and tomatoes. Once corn is out of season, use frozen corn (thawed first, duh 😀) instead of canned – much better flavor and texture.
I also added some carrots for sweetness and color, and edamame for a protein punch. A simple dressing made with Greek yogurt and lemon juice gives a little tang while allowing the fresh veggie flavors to shine.
Already have a favorite dressing? Try it! Everything seems to work great on this.
You need zoodles
The basis for a zoodle bowl is, of course, the zoodle. To make zoodles, a Spiralizer is needed (there's your shopping opportunity, you're welcome).
Although, they can be made with a vegetable peeler – these will resemble fettucine more than spaghetti. An even simpler solution is finding spiralized zoodles at your grocery store. I now see these regularly in both fresh and frozen form – so convenient! I've only used the frozen for times when I am cooking the zoodle, so I do not know how they would work here. But the fresh spiralized ones are great!
Put the Confetti Corn Zoodle Bowl together
Mix up the dressing first, to allow a little time for the flavors to blend. Then, the "cooking" which only involves the microwave – the edamame, corn and carrots. I like to microwave my corn still on the cob for 3 minutes, let it cool and then cut the kernels off. The edamame and carrots can be microwaved together. During the microwaving time, mix up the dressing, cut the tomatoes and spiralize the zucchini.
Toss together and enjoy the goodness!
Confetti Corn Zoodle Bowl
- ¼ zucchini spiralized
- 1 ear corn
- ⅔ c grape tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- ⅔ cup edamame
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 2 TB olive oil extra virgin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic powder
- Mix dressing ingredients together and set aside to allow flavors to blend.
- Steam corn by placing whole ear (husk and silk removein a microwave safe dish, cover and microwave 3 minutes. Let sit covered 2 minutes. Remove to cool and then cut kernels from the cob using a sharp knife.
- Peel and cut carrot into medallions. Place in microwave-safe bowl with edamame. Add enough water to just barely immerse. Cover and microwave 3 minutes. Drain.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Combine all vegetables in a bowl and top with about 2 tablespoons of dressing, or more to taste.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
If you love zoodles, try having with some Vegetarian Pasta Sauce. So good!