If you’re looking for a quick keto dessert that won’t take all day to prepare but will still taste decadent and delicious, you came to the right spot. This keto cheesecake fluff takes only 5 minutes to make and will satisfy all your sweet tooth cravings!
I love a short ingredient list, like this one:
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Powdered sweetener
- Lemon zest (optional)
How to make this cheesecake fluff
This keto dessert is very easy to make. You will need 2 bowls to whip the ingredients separately before combining.
Start with the cream. I use an electric hand mixer for this. Start whipping on low speed, then increase to medium-high speed. Whip until stiff peaks form, then set the bowl aside.
In a separate bowl, whip the softened cream cheese with powdered sweetener. Be sure to use powdered rather than granular sweetener. With a granular sweetener, you risk having a grainy texture. Powdered will incorporate much better and ensure a lovely smooth fluff. Whip until the sweetener is fully incorporated and the mix is light and fluffy.
An optional ingredient is lemon zest. I’ve had this fluff both with and without the zest and love it both ways. The lemon zest does provide an extra layer of flavor to the fluff, just as it does in a real cheesecake. If using, add it during this step. Feel free to make the fluff either way and be confident that you’ll enjoy it.
Once the cream cheese mixture is fully “fluffed”, start adding in the whipped cream. Start with about a third of the whipped cream and use the mixer on low speed to mix it in. Then, fold in the remaining whipped cream to the mixture. You can either fold in using a spoon or spatula or use the electric mixer on a low speed. Don’t overmix at this stage as you don’t want to deflate what all your whipping just created!
And with that, the cheesecake fluff is ready! Simply spoon or pipe into serving bowls or glasses and serve.
How to serve the fluff
Here are a few ideas that will keep it “keto” but also help to vary the taste so you don’t get bored with your cheesecake fluff!
- Sugar free chocolate – either chocolate chips or shavings sprinkled on top will give that hint of chocolate we all love.
- Keto raspberry sauce – a little bit of sauce really makes it special!
- Berries – add a couple berries to provide a fresh taste and a lovely texture contrast with your cheesecake fluff.
- Granola – speaking of texture, how about adding some crunch with keto granola? YUM
Are berries keto friendly?
Most fruit has too many carbs to be considered keto-friendly. However, many berries are perfectly fine. The best are strawberries, raspberries and blackberries for both total and net carbs. Blueberries, unfortunately, are a little higher in carbs and therefore should be limited. (I say unfortunately because they are one of my favorites!)
I like to split my fluff into 4 individual servings right away, cover with plastic wrap and put them in the fridge. That way, they are automatically available for a quick snack attack. However, if you’d rather, you can just cover the bowl and stick that in the fridge. The fluff will keep for several days in the fridge.
You can also freeze it! I’ve only done this with individual servings, just stick the glass in the freezer and then to serve just pull it out to thaw for about 30 minutes. You do need to give it this "thaw time" as it will freeze to a pretty solid block. But after 30 minutes it will be semi-thawed and thoroughly delicious – a perfect cold treat on a hot day!
Any way you serve it, this keto cheesecake fluff will really hit the spot!
Keto Cheesecake Fluff
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sweetener I use Swerve - erythritol
- Optional: 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- In one bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks are formed. Set whipped cream aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream cheese and sweetener until light and fluffy. I start on a low speed and then increase to medium-high to get this well whipped. If using lemon zest, add it here.
- Add about a third of the whipped cream to the cream cheese bowl and mix on low speed.
- Slowly fold in the remaining whipped cream using a spoon or spatula. Once mixed, spoon or pipe into serving bowls or glasses. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.