The taste of s’mores is something I find irresistible. Chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers. Somehow the combination manages to evoke childhood memories with every bite.
But when there’s no campfire nearby, having a no-bake cookie version of s’mores is a terrific way to experience that taste!
Crunchy graham flavor with that so-sweet chocolate and marshmallow, all melted together into sticky delicious goodness.
Be careful of these cookies, it’s hard to stop at just one!
Why I love this recipe
Some people have a sweet tooth, and others like sweets with every fiber in their being. I think I fall in the latter category. LOL
There’s no denying the sweetness of these cookies. When you combine chocolate and marshmallow the effect really multiplies!
The sweet and gooey chocolate-marshmallow is the perfect matrix to hold the crunchy cereal. It’s kind of like a Rice Krispie treat, only you add in milk chocolate and use graham cracker flavors instead of rice cereal.
Every bite is truly a delight!
How to make these no bake cookies
Similar to Rice Krispie treats, you make a bowl of melted marshmallow goodness to hold everything together. Only add in chocolate. And in this case, we’ll reserve some of the marshmallows and chocolate chips to add back in at the end.
Measure one cup each of the mini marshmallows and milk chocolate chips and set aside. Place the remaining marshmallows with butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stir, then microwave again. After about 3 times the marshmallows are almost fully melted. Try another 15 seconds, then stir again.
Once the marshmallows and butter are a smooth mixture, add the milk chocolate chips (except the reserved 1 cup) and stir to melt.
Add the Golden Grahams cereal and stir to coat. Add in the reserved marshmallows and chocolate chips and stir to distribute.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto wax paper lined baking sheets. You will probably end up forming these cookies with your hands. As the mixture cools it will become harder to scoop out the amount to make a cookie. Luckily, this is not difficult, just a little messy.
As the s'mores cookies cool off, they will become more firm. You can place them in the fridge if you want to speed this up, or just let them cool naturally at room temperature.
If this cookie makes you want even more of that delicious s'mores taste, try making smores in the oven. Still no campfire needed!
Grease your hands with a little butter or cooking spray to help you handle and form the cookies.
If preferred, you can grease a 9x13 inch pan and press the entire mixture into it. Let it cool, then cut into squares. Just like Rice Krispie treats, only s'mores cookie bars. 😀
I reserve some of the chips and marshmallows to give more interest to the final cookie, but if you prefer you can go ahead and melt everything together right away. If that’s your preference, I recommend adding one more tablespoon of butter when melting the marshmallows.
More No Bake Treats to Enjoy
I also recommend some Energy Bites, which are very much like a cookie but made of healthy ingredients.
S’mores No Bake Cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 11-12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 8 cups (11.7-ounce box) Golden Grahams cereal
- Measure one cup of mini marshmallows and 1 cup chocolate chips into a bowl and set aside.10 ounces mini marshmallows, 11-12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Place remaining marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the butter and microwave 30 seconds. Try to stir the mixture. Microwave for additional 30 second bursts until the mixture is stir-able. (If mixture is “close”, use a 15 second burst)3 tablespoons butter
- When the marshmallow-butter mixture is smooth, add the remaining chocolate chips and stir to melt.
- Add the cereal and stir to coat.8 cups (11.7-ounce box) Golden Grahams cereal
- Add the reserved marshmallows and chips. Stir to evenly distribute.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto wax paper-lined baking sheets. Mixture will harden as it cools.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.