Your favorite candy bar made into a pie
With Halloween approaching, get ready for the fun part: leftover candy! If you’re serious about trick-or-treating, there are going to be extras. No one wants to be THAT house, the one that ran out of candy. For shame!
So, stock up, hand out the Twizzlers FIRST, and ration the Snickers bars because you’ve got to try this recipe: No Bake Snickers Pie, found at thekitchenismyplayground.com.
How to make No Bake Snickers Pie
To start, you’re going to need 1½ cups of chopped Snickers bars. That equates to about 12 so-called “Fun-sized” bars. For the record, I think the LARGE candy bars should be called “Fun-sized,” don’t you? More candy = more fun. And why do they make the even smaller “bite-size” versions? First of all, they are a half bite at most, so again it’s a poorly named snack. Plus, it takes longer to unwrap the darn things than it does to eat them. Such a hassle and so inefficient!
Back to the pie.
Besides chopped up Snickers bars, a key ingredient is peanut butter. In fact, at first bite the impression is peanut butter pie. But when you hit a piece of candy, with the chocolate, peanuts, and nougat, it takes the taste to a whole different place. I don’t often recommend brands, but for the peanut butter, crunchy is recommended, and I felt Skippy’s extra-crunchy worked best. No such thing as too many crunchy bits in this pie!
The base is a mix of softened cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar.
Add Cool Whip, then the chopped candy bar pieces and pour in a prepared crust. A graham cracker crust works great.
Crust: graham cracker or chocolate?
I decided to try another version using a chocolate cookie crust, and I was CERTAIN this would make a huge difference. You know what? It didn’t. I barely noticed the chocolate vs. graham cracker taste. Very surprising, to be sure. So don’t stress too much over that decision, and buy whatever is on sale. Clearly, the crust takes a back seat to all the other flavors in this pie.
Snickers Pie is the best kind: No Bake
In addition to the “Yum Factor,” this is a simple no-bake pie. Refrigerate for 3 hours and - done!
This Snickers Pie is so good!
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- ½ c. crunchy peanut butter extra crunchy recommended
- 1 8 oz. container Cool Whip
- 1 ½ c. chopped Snickers bars
- 1 6 oz. prepared graham cracker crust
- With an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in Cool Whip until well combined.
- Cut Snickers bars lengthwise once or twice, chop into small pieces and set aside 2 to 3 tablespoons of candy bar pieces.
- Add chopped candy to peanut butter mixture; stir until well mixed. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Sprinkle top with remaining chopped candy bars.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
If you loved this pie, here are some more no-bake desserts you'll love: