Cheesecake is one of those wonderful desserts that just works. And it works even better with fresh fruit topping. The only problem is, when fresh fruits and berries are in season, it is typically too hot to make a traditional cheesecake.
That’s why this no-bake cheesecake is just the ticket. And it’s a wonderful platform to highlight your favorite fruit of the season.
I’ve tried a few different recipes for no-bake cheesecake. It’s probably no surprise that my favorite comes from Martha Stewart. Hers, to me, has a taste and texture closest to traditional, oven-baked cheesecake. Simply delicious😀.
How to make No-Bake Cheesecake
Start with a great graham cracker crust. Since this is going in a springform pan, I make double the amount I use for a 9-inch pie plate. (Example: Kool-Aid Pie) For this recipe, I use a total of 2 sleeves, or about 16 full-size graham crackers.
Crush these up using your favorite method. The old school method is to place the crackers in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. I did this for many years and it works great.
Then, I took it to a different level: full-size food processer. I have to say, it’s magic. Only a minute or two and the graham crackers are pulverized into the perfect texture for a crumbly crust. Mix with melted butter and a little sugar, then press into a springform pan. Then, place the crust in the freezer for at least 10 minutes to set while you mix up the filling.
And the filling is so easy! Room temperature cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and a little vanilla. Do not skimp on the lemon juice. I use fresh-squeezed for the best flavor. It provides that unique, but barely discernible fresh tang.
It only takes a few minutes to mix these ingredients. But since you have to wait a whole ten minutes while the crust is chilling, take some extra time and ensure the mixture is smooth and creamy throughout.
Pour the filling into the crust, then cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
This is the perfect dessert to whip together in the morning and serve at dinnertime.
Make a simple sauce from fresh berries or other fruit and enjoy!
No Bake Cheesecake
- 2 packages about 16 sheets graham crackers
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, melted
- 2 TB sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice fresh
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Crush graham crackers using a plastic bag and rolling pin. Or, use a food processer. Either way works to produce a fine-crumb form.
- Pour crumbs into a medium bowl, add melted butter and sugar and stir until well combined.
- Press into a 9-inch springform pan, spreading up the sides and across the bottom. Place in freezer for at least 10 minutes before adding filling.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Begin adding the sweetened condensed milk a little at a time, scraping the bowl and mixing. Once all the milk has been incorporated, add the lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until fully mixed.
- Pour filling into crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, until firm.
- Unclasp the sides of the springform pan and remove the cheesecake to slice and serve.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
You’ll probably want to pin this one for later!!
More no bake desserts
And for a sugar free version of this cheesecake, try my Keto cheesecake. Delicious taste without the carbs!