No bake cheesecakes are easy, fast and fun to make! But the carbs really do add up. Here’s a keto version, made by using erythritol in place of the sugar and an almond flour crust. Indulge your sweet tooth while controlling your carbs!
Ingredients needed for this keto no bake cheesecake
For the crust:
- Almond Flour (extra fine)
- Powdered sweetener (I used Swerve)
For the filling:
- Cream cheese (16 oz)
- Powdered sweetener
- Sour cream
- Heavy whipping cream (½ cup)
- Lemon juice – fresh squeezed
How to make this easy sugar free keto cheesecake
I adapted this recipe into keto form from my no bake cheesecake (originally from Martha Stewart).
Start with the crust. Melt a stick of butter and to this add 2 cups of almond flour and a little sweetener. (this mimics the graham crackers, butter and sugar in the original recipe) Once this is well mixed, press the mixture into a springform pan, spreading up the sides and across the bottom. This crust needs to be cooled before adding the filling. To cool, place the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes or in the fridge for at least 30.
For the filling, start with 2 blocks (16 oz total) of cream cheese, at room temperature. Use an electric mixer to beat until smooth and creamy. Add sour cream and beat until well incorporated.
Next, add sweetener. I like to add about half at a time, just to avoid the dust cloud that usually happens whenever rapidly turning beaters encounter anything powdered. Mix in completely before adding the rest.
Now add the heavy whipping cream. Mix well, then add the vanilla and lemon juice. Once everything looks to be well mixed, I like to turn the mixer on its highest setting and beat for 1-2 minutes. This helps give the mixture a little volume plus ensures everything is truly well mixed.
Transfer the filling into the chilled crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight) before serving.
By describing it in detail, it sounds/looks like a lot of steps, but I can say that it’s actually very quick to put together. It’s even faster than my regular no-bake cheesecake because you don’t have to crush the graham crackers. I estimate about 5 minutes for the crust, then another 15 for the filling. Not bad to be able to put together a dessert in about 20 minutes in the morning to potentially serve for dinner!
Variations and tips
Lemon zest – for a little more “lemony” taste, add some lemon zest to the filling.
I use a springform pan but a 9-inch pie plate would work as well.
The minimum time the filling needs to set is 4 hours, however overnight is even better. The filling is softer than a traditionally baked cheesecake, so cutting and serving needs a gentle approach.
Serving suggestions for this cheesecake
My favorite way to serve this cheesecake is with keto whipped cream. Add some shavings of sugar free chocolate and you have a party. A few low carb berries are wonderful too. Think blueberries and raspberries.
And to really make it special, add some keto raspberry sauce. Everything sugar-free but completely delicious!
No Bake Keto Cheesecake
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 cups almond flour extra fine
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sweetener
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sweetener
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium bowl mix the crust ingredients together until well moistened.
- Press firmly into a 9-inch springform pan, spreading across the bottom and a little up the sides. Place in freezer (10 minutes) or refrigerator (30 minutes) to chill before filling.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Add sour cream and mix. Add sweetener, about half at a time, mixing well to incorporate. Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Once all the other ingredients have been incorporated, add the lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until fully mixed. Then turn mixer up to its highest speed and beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour filling into chilled crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until firm. (overnight refrigeration will result in a slightly firmer filling)
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
More Keto dessert ideas