If you’ve heard of “Keto” then you’ve probably also heard of “Fat Bombs.” Some, who don’t like using the “f word,” call them “Keto Bombs.”
That’s the curious thing about the Keto diet. We have been told for years that fat is bad. Now, the opinion-tide is turning and the consensus is that SUGAR is bad. And fat? Maybe not so bad. The heart of the Keto approach is to ensure you are consuming fat instead of sugar (carbohydrates). Crazy, huh?
I’m not an expert by any means. All I know is that limiting carbohydrates really works for me. I’m probably what they refer to as “dirty keto” because I don’t follow the keto rules religiously. Instead, I take a moderate approach and will continue as long as I’m getting results.
Keto can be really fun, especially with Fat Bombs. I’ve tried a lot of recipes and am only publishing the ones I really enjoy and will definitely make again(like these Pecan Clusters.) This is one of those recipes. It is described by Chocolate Covered Katie as a Cheesecake Bomb but it’s more than that. Like cheesecake, the center is creamy and smooth, but I enjoy the delectability of dipping them in melted chocolate which satisfies my craving while producing a tasty outer crust. There’s something about not only the taste of chocolate, but the texture. So satisfying!
Which brings me to the issue of taste: The original recipe lists cocoa as optional. Tsk, tsk. I don’t know about you, but when it comes to cocoa and chocolate – there is no option. Chocolate is vital, and this little morsel hits the spot.
They’re very easy to assemble. Softened butter and cream cheese are creamed together, then powdered sweetener and cocoa are mixed in. Spoon this mixture into silicone molds and freeze to set.
Once frozen, remove from molds. Melt chocolate and dip the balls one at a time into the chocolate to coat (I used a toothpick).
Place each coated ball on parchment paper. Once all are coated, refrigerate for about ten minutes to allow the chocolate to harden before placing the balls in an airtight container. Store in fridge or freezer.
Chocolate Cheesecake Keto Bombs
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 TB butter softened
- 3 TB powdered sweetener Swerve
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- Mix cream cheese and butter together using a hand mixer. Add powdered sweetener and cocoa and mix until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Spoon into silicone molds or use a cookie scoop to make balls. Freeze to set.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl (I use 30 second bursts in the microwave) and stir until smooth. Dip each ball into the chocolate to coat, place on a pan lined with parchment paper. Once all balls are coated, place pan in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
- Store in freezer(recommended)or fridge.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.