Some call this a copycat
There are so many recipes for ice cream drinks that use Kahlua. Many use a combination of liqueurs, but I wanted to keep it simple. The following is called the “Applebee’s copycat” by some, which implies that Applebee’s invented it, but I can tell you for certain that I made this Kahlua Mudslide long before I heard of Applebee’s.
You see, I was in college (I told you it was a long time ago) and my roommate’s boyfriend went to Mexico for spring break. He came back with many bottles of Kahlua. (Let’s just say, the carry-on restrictions were. . . Different then. Aka non existent) So, a blended drink seemed the perfect option. As it turned out, I was the gal with the blender 😀
How to make a Kahlua Mudslide
Basically, this drink requires a blender, ice cream and Kahlua. Dress up the glass with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and maybe some whipped topping if you want to get fancy. Totally optional. We didn’t in college, and enjoyed it just the same.
And by the way, I toyed with trying to make this “lighter” and looked up calorie counts of reduced fat ice cream vs regular ice cream and I have to say, there is either no difference or a tiny difference, depending upon the brand. So, don’t count calories. Count on a good time!
- 1 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1.5 oz (1 shot) Kahlua
- 1 TB Chocolate Syrup
- 1-2 TB Redi Whip
- Chocolate shavings and/or cherry for garnish
- In a blender add ice cream and Kahlua. Mix until the ice cream is smooth
- Inside a 16-ounce glass drizzle the chocolate syrup, turning the glass in your hand to cover all sides of the glass.
- Add the mudslide from the blender into the prepared glass.
- Top with Redi Whip and garnish with chocolate shavings and/or maraschino cherry if desired.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
This Kahlua Mudslide makes a wonderful dessert!
For more Kahlua goodness, try some Kahlua Chocolate Cake!