Don’t delay – you must try this salad
I’ve had today’s recipe on my radar for a long time. Finally, I tried it and my very first thought was – “Why did I wait so long?” followed by “How soon can I make this again?” It’s filled with the fresh flavors of just picked sweet corn and tomatoes paired with the creamy, healthy goodness of avocado. So easy and so amazingly delicious!
Credit for this Corn Tomato Avocado Salad goes to skinnytaste.com
How to make Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
Begin by steaming the corn. I use the microwave for this step, but stovetop works also. Place the ears of corn in a covered container with a little water. Heat to boiling, about 3 minutes in the microwave. Then let the container sit, covered, for a couple more minutes. Uncover and allow the corn to cool a little, then cut the kernels from the cobs.
Cut up the other vegetables, and add to the bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss it all together and serve!
Note: I have played a little with the proportions and find that I’m happiest with a bit more sweet corn so I bumped it up from the original 1 cup to 1½ cups. Technically, this makes 4 servings but I could probably eat the whole bowl myself. So, adjust as you see fit.
Summer in a bowl!
Fantastic with all your summer favorites! Try with anything from the grill, like hamburgers, hot dogs or bratwurst. Or maybe a Juicy Lucy, Pork Kabobs, or even GRILLED PIZZA. I honestly feel this would go great with whatever else you are serving. So give it a try, you won’t be sorry!
Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- 2-3 medium corn on the cob enough to make at least 1-1½ cup of kernels
- 1 medium avocado
- 3 mini cucumbers
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 TB diced red onion
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice from 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- Steam the corn by placing in a covered microwave-safe container with ¼ cup of water and microwave for 3 minutes. Let sit covered for 1-2 minutes, then uncover and remove the corn. Allow the corn to cool slightly, then cut the kernels from the cob.
- Halve the tomatoes and dice the cucumbers and avocado into ½-inch pieces.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve immediately.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Corn Tomato Avocado Salad really does taste like summer in a bowl!
If you love the fresh flavors of summer vegetables, you should also try a Confetti Corn Zoodle Bowl.