I’ve had today’s recipe on my radar for a long time. Finally, I tried it and my very first thought was – “Why did I wait so long?” followed by “How soon can I make this again?” It’s filled with the fresh flavors of just picked sweet corn and tomatoes paired with the creamy, healthy goodness of avocado. So easy and so amazingly delicious!
Credit for this goes to skinnytaste.com
Note: I have played a little with the proportions and find that I’m happiest with a bit more sweet corn so I bumped it up from the original 1 cup to 1½ cups. Technically, this makes 4 servings but I could probably eat the whole bowl myself. So, adjust as you see fit.
Summer in a bowl!
Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- 2-3 medium corn on the cob enough to make at least 1-1½ cup of kernels
- 1 medium avocado
- 3 mini cucumbers
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 TB diced red onion
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice from 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- Steam the corn by placing in a covered microwave-safe container with ¼ cup of water and microwave for 3 minutes. Let sit covered for 1-2 minutes, then uncover and remove the corn. Allow the corn to cool slightly, then cut the kernels from the cob.
- Halve the tomatoes and dice the cucumbers and avocado into ½-inch pieces.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve immediately.