For the Fourth of July, you need potato salad. Since you’re probably going to make some anyway, why not make it to celebrate the holiday?
This post is simply a different twist on my Classic Potato salad. To make it fun for the Fourth, I use red, white and blue POTATOES!
Have you seen these? They are typically sold as a “medley” of very small potatoes – usually about an inch in size. The advantage to this is that they are all about the same size, and there is no need to cut any before cooking – bonus! The small size also ensures that they cook very quickly.
The blue potatoes are actually purplish, and it’s only the skin which has the pigment, but this is red white and blue enough for me. 😃
Make this fun version of potato salad for the holiday!
Red, White and Blue Potato Salad
- 2 lb petit potato medley – 3 colors
- 3 eggs
- 1 rib celery diced
- ½ c light mayonnaise
- 1 TB Italian dressing
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Boil potatoes in salted water for about 10 minutes until done.
- Boil eggs in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain cooked potatoes and immerse in ice water to halt the cooking process.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo, Italian dressing, and salt and pepper until smooth; set aside.
- Once they are cool enough to handle, cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Peel and chop eggs; dice the celery. Add eggs and celery to the bowl with potatoes.
- Pour dressing into the bowl and stir gently until all ingredients are evenly distributed.